The Business Accelerator Grant for Incumbent Worker Training is a competitive, cost reimbursement training grant through which qualifying businesses can address employees’ skills gaps. These skills gaps can be a result of a worker’s changing responsibilities/requirements in her/his job, or for a worker whose job may potentially be eliminated and skill upgrading is needed to accept new responsibilities. Incumbent worker (IW) training should increase the knowledge, skills, and/or certifications of workers, and increase the competitiveness of the employee and the employer.
• North Carolina for-profit and not-for-profit businesses with an employer-employee relationship (W-2) with at least five or more employees, that have been in operation for a minimum of one year prior to the Workforce Board’s application date, are current on all federal and state tax obligations, and are financially viable are eligible to apply.
• Training Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. The maximum award amount is up to $10,000 per grant.
• The Training Grant is administered through the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board. Applications are submitted directly to the workforce board. The board may request additional information or establish supplemental provisions and requirements for the training applications.
• For each grant application cycle, the MAWDB will set the application due date.
• Only complete grant applications will be considered for this competitive grant process. Incomplete applications may be corrected if time allows prior to the due date or resubmitted the next grant application cycle.
Click the following link to learn more: