Services for Job Seekers
NC Works Career Centers assist job seekers in every step of the job search process. We provide a number of services and referrals at no charge to help you find a job:
- Through an NC Works Career Center office, get assistance in putting your job search plan together.
- View job listings through NCWorks Online.
- Attend workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills, networking, social media and online applications.
- Obtain your National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC), a portable credential that can be presented to employers to verify your skill levels in Math, Reading and Locating Information – the 3 areas most jobs require. Signed by the Governor, the CRC is a nationally recognized credential.
- Sign up for CareerReady 101, an online tutorial that provides training and practice exercises for the NCRC as well as fine tuning your workplace and behavioral skills.
- Use our computer resource room for Internet job search, completing online applications, writing cover letters and resumes and then e-mailing or faxing them to employers.
- Strengthen your computer skills with our interactive tutorials.
- Complete career assessments to learn what jobs you might be best suited for.
- Learn what jobs are in demand by employers in Western North Carolina and the training opportunities available to prepare for those jobs.
- Find out the average pay rates for various jobs in the area.
If we don’t offer a service you need, we can usually refer you to an agency, business or organization that does. At NC Works Career Centers, our customers come first! We look forward to seeing you soon.
To find a NC Works Career Center closest to you, click here.