- Mountain Area Workforce Development Board meets next Tuesday, February 27 at 3:00 pm at Western Carolina University’s Biltmore Park Instructional Site, 28 Schenck Parkway, #100, Asheville, NC 28803. There will be a meet and greet prior to the meeting at 2:30 pm. Please park in Levels 3, 4, or 5 of the parking garage adjacent to the WCU site. Parking in any other location is subject to towing and fines. The meeting is open to the public and everyone is invited to attend. An agenda and meeting documents will be available later this week. Please note the change in meeting location from the offices of Land of Sky Regional Council.
2. Mountain Area Career Fair is coming soon! Over 125 employers from throughout the region will be offering thousands of jobs. The career fair will be Tuesday, April 10 at the WNC Agricultural Center, Fletcher, NC. This event will be free to employers and job seekers. A registration link will be available for employers.
3. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board recognizes outstanding employers and WIOA participants. Thanks for everyone who attended Mountain Area Workforce Development Board’s recognition luncheon at the Blue Ridge Community College Conference Hall . Special thanks to the staff at Blue Ridge Community College, Mr. Steve Sigmon, Director of Bands at North Henderson High School, North Henderson High School Wind Ensemble, The Red Radish Catering and many volunteers for making the event possible. We are honored to recognize outstanding employers and WIOA participants in our region. Their stories remind us how workforce development can change lives, transform businesses, and make our community a better place to live. Beyond a wonderful celebration, an additional bonus was that a youth participant connected with an employer at the event and found full-time employment.
4. My Future NC Commission works to meet our state’s workforce development needs by increasing the number of individuals with a post secondary credential.
5. Mountain Area Careers highlights our region’s Career Pathways in the Advanced Manufacturing and Hospitality & Tourism sectors.
6. Governor Cooper announces NC Job Ready, key priorities for Workforce Development.